Narasi Cerita Rakyat Riau “Asal Mula Penamaan Pulau Matang dan Pulau Keras”
Keywords:Pulau Matang, Pulau Keras, folktale, narrative analysis
Folktales are stories that have been told generation to generation within the society. It commonly consisting of moral and life values. To understand such values this research focused on finding the narrative function and structure. The research use Asal Mula Penamaan Pulau Matang dan Pulau Keras a Riau Province folktale as research object. The research employs qualitative method and theories of narrative structure by Tzetvan Todorov and narrative function by Vladimir Prop as tools of analysis. The results are Asal Mula Penamaan Pulau Matang dan Pulau Keras employs Equilibrium, Disruption, Recognition, Repair the Damage, and New Equilibrium as narrative structure. It also employs six (6) of Propp narrative function concept they are; Mediation, The Hero’s Reaction, Struggle, Victory, and Wedding
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Laras Anindya, Ahmad Jum’a Khatib Nur Ali
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
By submitting the manuscript of the article, the authors agree with this policy with no specific document sign-off required.
The authors certify that:
- if the manuscript is co-authored, they are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- the work described has not been formally published before in a registered ISSN or ISBN media, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis.
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- they secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere (it does not infringe the rights of others).
- they agree to the stated license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.